Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Volunteer Work

Harry is a Great Basin gopher snake whom I exercise at my local nature center, as a volunteer there. Occasionally, I exercise Rex, the desert tortoise, but since it's summer now and he's in his outside cage there's really no need for me to exercise him this time of year. Harry loves to be outside.When he's in the shade he seems to come to a complete stop,  when he's in the sun he zooms all over the place. He is the longest snake at the nature center, out of the few that live in captivity there. The workers there take in and care for wild animals that are found injured or neglected. They have several birds of prey, including Des ta te, the noisy bald eagle, and Sundance, a golden eagle. By far the funniest bird on exhibit is Cronk, a raven who's an expert at mimicking sounds and is known for his "Pez dispenser" move. When I turn 16 I'll be able to care for the birds.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Future Jason :)
    I bet they love you at the Nature Center! You are doing such great, selfless work there! Way to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i work there too ang the golden eagle is grandmother and i work near cronk and he likes to mock me and call my name

    ReplyDelete